Why do I like shopping?!

via google images


Shopping! Why is it so hard to say no?  Why can't I skip a month of shopping and buy the "must" items the following month?  Where is that discipline I so desperately need?

I guess I prefer immediate gratification. I don't do well with delayed gratification. When I get what I like quickly there seems to be some happy brain activity going on. Except that "happiness" is temporary.  I know that! I've known that! Does it stop me from shopping? No! Sadly, it does not!

There are SO many items in my closet that haven not seen the day-light in a looong time.
And it doesn't help that my "slight" weight gain is making it a little harder to fit into my beloved jeans and skirts...and therefore I "need" new things. Or do I? Is that just an excuse?  Perhaps I should work with what I already got and can fit in...which, lets face the truth, is a lot...and it can all be found in my packed closet.

Ideally, I would like to make the month of October a NO SHOPPING month. One exception: Boots!
Can I do it? Honestly, I don't know!  I've done it in the past, way before this blog way born.
But one thing I do know is that I will give a serious try. For realz!

0 comments:

Post a Comment