My wardrobe essentials

I've been receiving a ton of emails asking what some of my wardrobe essentials are. So I thought it might be a good idea to share with everyone some of my personal must-haves. These are mostly my Fall/Winter items but many can be incorporated into Spring and even Summer and best part you can do a lot of mix and matching here. I probably will have a separate one for Spring/Summer.


First of: Blazers
Every girl needs at least one or two blazers. I used to hate blazer, I felt like a boy in them. And now...my wardrobe could not make it without them. Here are a few different options.





Navy Blazer - Mine looks very similar to this one and became one of my favorite blazers. Very versatile.

Gray Blazer - I absolutely love gray. It's a very flattering color on pretty much everyone.

Striped Blazer - My dear hubby got me one over the weekend. They were sold out of Small and I told him to go ahead and get me a Medium...but it's big.  :(

Pink Blazer - It's pink, what else can I say :)

Tomato Blazer - Makes me think of a red blazer but Tomatos come if few different colors .

Khaki Blazer - This one is very similar to my Lauren Conrad blazer, another versatile color.


Next up: Tops
Tees are an absolute must. Paired with a blazer and some skinny or even wide leg pants and you got your self an effortless look.


American Vintage Shirt - Love the color, length and the style of this tee.

Tissue V-Neck classic tee - These are so soft and come in so many different colors. Can't stay away from gray though.

Button Blouse - Every girl needs at least one or two blouses. One bright, one neutral is a good start.

Color block tee - Also come in black and white. It reminds me of my Loft blouse, exact same colors.

Chambray Shirt - Can be worn so many different ways. Or just a plain white button up is a must-have. Wear it alone, under a cardigan or blazer for a polished look.

Tank -  I also absolutely LOVE Target's tank tops, they are only $8, so soft and comfy. I love wearing them under blazers or cardigans.



Cardigans:
I love cardigans, especially this time of year. Here are a few I absolutely LOVE, and the best part...they're all very affordable (most of them are on sale).


Open Front Cardigan - long cardigans are part of my comfort clothes. Leggings, long tee, long cardi - we got a winner.

Striped Cardigan - Can't get enough of stripes and they're pretty much timeless.

Colorblock cardigan - Just love this one, and it comes in two more colors. I need to get my hands on this one

Long Cardigan - This one sold out in my size at my local Target. Boo. Kinda surprised to see it online, on sale..under $9.  Hello great deal.

Solid Cardigan -  Great way to add some pop of color to any outfit. Plus it's on sale.

Long Cardigan - This is just the perfect weekend cardigan. So cozy.



Shoes:
 Heels are sexy but if I had to pick between heels and flats, flats would definitely win. Even though comfortable heels do exist they never can be comfortable enough if you had to walk all day.  Still, each girl needs some sexy heels. And of course, lets not forget about boots.


JLo Flats - I had to get these. They're so adorable and on sale.  I had to go half size up (I'm usually between 8.5-9)

Cap Toe Flats - These are similar to mine, which I wear a lot during Spring/Fall/Summer. Very Chanel-esque. Also on sale.

Sparkle Flats - Every girl needs some sparkle in her life. And these are only $25.

Black Heels -  They're sexy and you know it ;)

Contrast toe heels - Love the colors and the best part, they're 3.5 inches. Now we're talking.

Sam Edelman Pierce - LOVE these (not sure why these ended up showing in black). Still great color but I do love mine in Whiskey color.

Riding boot -  I live in boots during this time of year.

UO Riding boot - Love this color. And it won't break your bank.




Pants:
Currently I'm living in skinny pants. Not just one particular pair, but just skinny pants in general. It's just what I prefer at the moment. I have a few colored ones but I thought I'd share some more neutral colors.



Black Skinny Pants - My most worn pants - black skinny pants. Every girl needs a pair.

Oatmeal Jean - Great neutral color.

BR Gray Jean - usually BR pants don't fit me well, but I LOVE these. I wear them so much. I got mine in Petite length which fits more like regular on me (I'm 5'6").

Light colored Jean - I've been trying to find the perfect light colored jeans. Most of them are SO darn low cut. Don't want to share my behinds crack with rest of the world.



Skirts:
In my opinion, pencil skirts look great on every woman. You just have to find the right style and length for you.


Black Pencil skirt - it's a must have in every women's closet

High Waist Pencil Skirt - High waist skirt in not necessarily a must have but I love a nice colored pencil skirt.

Polka Dot Pencil SkirtYay!

Pleated Skirt - Pleated skirts are just so pretty and feminine. I have 4-5 different ones which I don't wear often enough. Mainly because I like to wear them with bare legs and this time of year is not the time for bare legs in Mid-West (for me).



Accessories for me complete any look. I'll be sharing some of my favorite ones. I probably forgot something but this is it for now.


What are some of your wardrobe essentials?


0 comments:

Post a Comment