Monthly Must-Reads - June

Happy July ladies! Another month has gone by way too fast.


Question of the month (from Noelle): Why do you blog? Has the reason changed over time, and if so, in what ways?

This is a great question. I've always wondered the same about all the blogs I follow. Here is my answer (I'll make it brief. Ok, it probably won't be as brief).

Back in early 2010 I discovered the world of blogging.  By accident, I came across a personal style blog and have been slightly hooked ever since (I don't remember which blog was the first one I discovered but I know Noelle's, Andi's and Ella's blogs were all in the top 5 blogs I discovered that day. And I haven't stopped reading their blogs since. These three wonderful ladies are very inspirational, each one in their own way).

So, one day I  decided to start my own blog.  I figured this little blog of mine will be my personal fashion diary (I call this my little shallow hobby, a hobby that I truly enjoy and it's part of who I am). I wanted to document how my style changes over time, learn from my fashion mistakes (yes, I go back look at my pictures and ask myself if I got dressed in the dark that day).
I took most of my pictures in the bathroom at work, because it was convenient. Only few people didn't like it, because "it doesn't look professional".  Well, it's not supposed to be! I've a 9-5 job and I'm not a professional blogger. I don't edit my pictures (I do change lighting sometimes if the pictures seem dark).
But, I stopped taking pictures in the work bathroom for a number of reasons but one of them was the fact that I didn't like seeing those pictures all over pinterest.

One thing I might not have completely thought through is that I will be sharing this with the rest of the world (little scary).  I wanted to keep a certain amount of privacy, that's why so many of my pictures are missing my head haha. Part of me wishes I would have stayed "anonymous" to a certain degree...as I really do not like seeing my pictures all over (mainly Pinterest). Too late now!

The reason why I blog has not really changed. I was inspired by so many amazing women, I was hoping to do the same as I set out on this little journey.
I've "met" some wonderful ladies and love connecting with you all. I truly appreciate each and every one of my followers.





I'd love to hear from you all - so tell me, why do you blog? 


xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment